But then....today came along. (sigh) He had to leave for Boston, and I had to go to reading training. So we got up early, grabbed some McD's, and went off on our separate ways. It definitely makes a boring reading training easier to take if you have good thoughts to think.(smile)
So, this week's "10 on Tuesday" is "10 Events that SHOULD be in the Olympics". Yano posted a fairly respectable list. Here are his choices:
1. In-line skating: short track speedskating is already a winter Olympics sport, why not the summer equivalent?
2. Iron man triathalon: it would be like the equivalent of the track and field pentathalon, but much more grueling
3. Billiards: So non-healthy smokers can get into the Olympics, too
4. Mixed Martial Arts: the Olympic Octagon!
5. Whirly Ball (google it!)
8. Ballroom Dancing: so we can cry to the screen, “but it looked so beautiful!” when they get low technical marks, just like in ice skating
9. Frisbee Golf
10. Hide and Seek - each country gets one person to play. The seeker is a neutral person. it could be boring to watch, but hidden cameras may make it more fun.
In my opinion, his choices are way too tame. Here are MY choices:
1. Cell phone texting while driving. (Must send as many texts as possible correctly while speeding on a race course)
2. Walking through a living room at night obstacle course.(Combines hurdling, pole vaulting, and strong feet)
3. Speed grocery shopping.(Speed, strength, agility and strategy)
4. Multi-tasking chores - timed.(Make dinner, clean the house, help with homework, answer the phone, drive a kid back and forth to practice, and finish with your hair intact)
5. Mechanical bull-riding.(We could hold the trials in country/western bars)
6. Sleeping child-lifting. (Weight lifting with gymnastics moves)
7. Ex-spouse electrical cattle prod fencing.(Fencing and Archery)
8. Twin 2yr. old bathing.(Aquatics)
9. Fantasy football.(Think of the computer geeks!)