Sunday, March 02, 2008
Why I LOVE Weekends, by Hoosier Girl
Each week, like most people, I like forward to the weekend. It gives me time to relax and "recharge my batteries". Here are my top 10 reasons why I LOVE my weekends:
1. Time to go to sporting events, like Daniel's first wrestling meet today.
He placed 5th in his weight class. He was really happy and I was very proud of him.
2. Sleeping in on Sunday mornings. We don't go to church until 11, so I can sleep much later than usual.
3. Church. I like the peace and tradition of Sunday mass.
4. Time for birthday parties. My nephew Tyler had his 2nd birthday last weekend.
5. Time to watch movies. I just got "Michael Clayton" and I can't wait to watch it. Who doesn't love a movie with George Clooney in it? (wink)
6. Visits from Steven, although no visit this weekend. (pout)
7. Time to catch up on cleaning and laundry so we are ready for the week. Okay, maybe I don't love doing this on the weekend, but it's much easier to get done then, and I like feeling "caught up".
8. Time to read a book. I just finished The Appeal by John Grisham, and now I'm reading Eat, Pray. Love: One Woman's Search for Everything across Italy, India, and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert. Interesting reading, so far.
9. Time to cook for my family, like these delicious blueberry muffins:
I made them this morning.
10. Time to blog, both writing and reading! Yay! Note the "new" friends on the blogroll.
That's all for today's list. See ya back here tomorrow, same time, same bat channel.
Posted by Jodi at 2:34 PM