Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sunday Stuff.....

I love flowers. Always have. They mean so much to me. When I was married, my ex would never get them for me because he said it was a waste of money. After I was divorced, I bought flowers for myself on a regular basis, and I still do! In love relationships, anyone giving me flowers "just because" makes me cry!

So when I saw these quizzes about flowers, I just had to do them.


You Are a Lily






You Are A Lily

You are a nurturer and all around natural therapist.People see you as their rock. And they are able to depend on you.You are a soothing influence. You can make people feel better with a few words.Your caring has more of an impact than even you realize.




What Flower Are You?




You Are a Lavender Rose






You are a Lavender Rose

You represent love at first sight and enchantment.
Your vibe: intense and intriguing
Falling in love with you is: deep and meaningful




What Color Rose Are You?




Update on last night's date:
The Thai food was great. I tried the Pad Thai as EatMisery recommended, and some of his curry chicken. Good stuff. I was so full! Then we went for ice cream at Graeter's. I had some terrific chocolate/peanut butter concoction. Afterwards we went back to his place and watched a movie. The invitation was there, to move things forward. I didn't take it and he didn't push it. He also admitted that I am not the only woman he dates, which is certainly his right and not that surprising considering we've only had 3 very casual dates, but it made me feel a little weird. I did have a wonderful time, but I came home feeling introspective. Maybe I'm not ready to date, even casually. I won't see him next weekend - he's going on a campout with his boys. So that gives me plenty of time to think.

Have a great Sunday.
J.


ADDENDUM TO "SUNDAY STUFF":


Daniel had his Track Champs today and was his usual awesome self. He got "First" in all 4 of his events, as usual, and was awarded 4 blue ribbon medals. My older son took a bunch of pictures but his camera isn't digital so it will be a few days before we see the shots. Here's one from a friend's camera. As a reward for watching the track meet as a family, we are ALL in shades of tan, pink, and red from the sun.









As for my date, could we all please move past the fact that everyone seems to think he's sleeping with everyone but me? This is a guy I like, by the way. And for the record, I didn't sleep with him! There. Are you all satisfied now? Sheesh!


J.

8 comments:

Southern (in)Sanity said...

What? You ate Thai food on Cinco de Mayo? Are you serious?????

e.Craig Crawford said...

I don't date. But, if I did, and I was dating several women which meant I was having a sexual relationship with most or all of them, I do know this. I have significantly upped the odds of my getting a STD. Yep, I don't date.

Like you say, J, you have some time to reflect on where you want this relationship to go.

Now, I know my opinion and 80 cents will get me a cup of coffee at the corner convenience store, but I think you'd be smart to not date for a while.

Jay said...

I would take that flower quiz but I'm sure it would say I'm some week reeking havoc on everybody and everything. Or something like that. ;-)

I've never tried Tai food. Someday I guess I will. Maybe. LOL

Jodi said...

RWA - I had Taco Bell for lunch. Does that count?

E. - Since you brought up STDs, I will respond: I didn't sleep with him. Did you see the part about the invitation to take things further was there, but I didn't act on it? I have a couple of weeks to decide where to go from here.

Jay - YOU are a rose, for sure, thorns and all!

J.

Unknown said...

Yep, that was certainly his way of saying he's sleeping with several woman. Yuck! I agree with ECraig- dating can wait a while...

e.Craig Crawford said...

I understood correctly, J. I was hinting about the danger of anyone, not just you, contracting a STD after having sex with someone who has multiple sex partners.

And, it certainly was not a reference to your intentions. :-)

sunShine said...

Dating is scary. I have told my hubby that if anything happens to him I will just be single. I don't know how not to be married, does that make sense? Hang in there. You do what you feel is right. Congrats to Daniel on winning 4 blue ribbons! WHOO HOO!

captain corky said...

Hang in there are take your time with it. Only do what your comfortable with.