Friday, March 06, 2009

Friday Fill-Ins

ffi


1. Giving 2 Beanie Babies to two little girls at school today was my last random act of kindness.

2. Another place is where I would like to be this weekend.

3. I'm way too mushy and sentimental in matters of the heart.

4. Coffee, tea or ......is there another choice?

5. I think my ex-husband and I were on separate paths our whole marriage. I just didn't see it then.

6. Our children remind me that there is hope for the future.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to doing exactly what I'm doing: watchinga movies in my jammies and blogging, tomorrow my plans include cleaning the bathroom and then I'm driving up to IU to see Joseph in a play, and Sunday, I am going to do the same thing I do every Sunday: laundry, lesson plans, plan my budget, and go to the grocery.


Well, it's Friday night and I'm all alone. The boys went to Indianapolis with their dad and Rachael just left with a friend. Steven is in Texas this weekend with his parents and I'm missing him like crazy. He really has spoiled me in the last few months, being here almost every weekend. I always look forward to the weekend because there's always the hope that he will be here. Even though I do have plans for tomorrow night to go see Joseph along with Rachael and one of her friends, the weekend seems so boring when he's not here and the kids are gone. Ah well, I'm sure it will be fine. There's always lots of cleaning to do...ha, ha.

I had an interesting encounter this evening. A guy I knew in college, actually a former friend of my ex-husband's, came down with my ex to pick up the kids. I guess the story is that somehow he and my ex reconnected. Anyway I was very excited to see him. We used to have such fun together, the 3 of us. He was then, and still is, a very flamboyant person.....a "character".He brought me sunflowers, which somehow after 20-some years he remembered that I like, but he said the weirdest thing. I had just introduced him to the kids, and after he gave me the flowers, I said to him, "Please tell me that this was your idea". He said, "I brought you these flowers in honor of the love that created these children", which is exactly the "over the top" kind of thing he would say. And I rolled my eyes at him and made some joke to the effect that he was full of it. But then (and no one could hear me but him) I said, "Oh Jesse, those days are so gone. And in fact, I'm not really sure they ever existed." He gave me a look like "Oh come on" and I said, "I'm sure he has not told you all that happened. If you ever want to hear the whole story, give me a call." And we hugged and he left.

This month it has been 7 years since I got divorced officially. 7 years . But I still get a little pensive about it every year. Not him in particular, but the major change it was in my life. I saw myself in a completely different light before it all happened. My entire life's definition changed. I think THAT is why I am so affected by the month of March.


Well, enough deep pensive thoughts for one evening.
Good night.
J.

3 comments:

Jan said...

I think it's time to make some happier memories for the month of March! =)

trkndude299 said...

Hmmn.
This post doesn't jive with our phone conversation.
Sunflowers. Sunflowers?
And the last two weeks you've been nagging me for pink Tulips?
Hmmn.
Who's the pensive one now?

Superwoman said...

I think no matter what, even though you have found love and happiness you will probably morn the loss of "what might have been". I know you love Steven and don't want the ex anymore (at all) but I just don't think anyone gets married thinking they will get divorced, we all have a little fairytale in us and that is why we try.