Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday Nine


Saturday 9: Would You Take Them Back?

1. Think of all your exes. Would you take any of them back? No. I have great affection for one ex-husband (the one who has died) and a civil relationship with one ex-boyfriend, but knowing what I know now, I wouldn't attempt to re-establish a permanent relationship with even one of them. We weren't right for each other then or now. As for the man I was married to for 14 years, NO WAY IN HELL.

2. What was the first car you drove? What happened to it? My first car was a neon green VW Rabbit. My parents bought it for me and my brother to drive, but my brother was too embarrassed to be seen in it, so basically it was mine. My friends called it the "Fred Flintstone mobile" because it was so rusted that everyone swore if you put your feet down hard, they would go straight through the floorboard and you could pedal like Fred! As for what happened to it, my parents traded it in on a gray Dodge Omni which they actually GAVE to me when I went away to college.

3. What’s the longest amount of time you have driven a car non-stop? I was in a car for 23 hours driving to Florida in college. We did get out for potty breaks and driver changes, but otherwise we drove straight through.

4. Have you ever been stood up on a date? If yes, when? Honestly I don't think so. If I had, I think I would remember.

5. What TV network do you watch the most? The History Channel if I have time, CBS ("Numbers"), or USA network ("Monk").

6. Pick out a song you like that has special meaning to you. Share with us what song is it, and what’s the meaning to you. "The Flame" by Cheap Trick. Because Steven sang it to me over the phone. Lyrics:
Another night slowly closes in, and I feel so lonelyTouching heat freezing on my skin, I pretend you still hold meI'm going crazy, I'm losing sleep, I'm in too far, I'm in way too deep Over you, I can't believe you're goneYou were the first, you'll be the lastWherever you go, I'll be with you, whatever you want, I'll give it to youWhenever you need someone, to lay your heart and head uponRemember, after the fire, after all the rainI will be the flame, I will be the flameWatching shadows move across the wall, I feel so frightenedI wanna run to you, I wanna call, but I've been hit by lightningJust can't stand up for falling apartCan't see through this veil across my heartOver you, you'll always be the one, you were the first, you'll be the lastWherever you go, I'll be with you, whatever you want, I'll give it to youWhenever you need someone, to lay your heart and head uponRemember, after the fire, after all the rainI will be the flame, I will be the flameI'm going crazy, I'm losing sleep, I'm in too far, I'm in way too deep Over you, you'll always be the one, you were the first, you'll be the lastWherever you go, I'll be with you, whatever you want, I'll give it to youWhenever you need someone, to lay your heart and head uponRemember, after the fire, after all the rainI will be the flame, I will be the flameWhatever you want, I'll give it to youWherever you go, I'll be with you, & whatever you want, I'll give it to youWhatever you want, I’ll give it to you.



7. Who was your first celebrity crush on? Shaun Cassidy and Parker Stevenson - "The Hardy Boys". I would have easily married either one of them.

8. What is your favorite romantic comedy movie? "When Harry Met Sally", "Sleepless in Seattle", and "While You Were Sleeping".

9. It has been said, "First Loves Are Never Over." Is this true for you? No. My first crush in high school - uh uh. My first serious relationship was my first husband - uh uh. My first major crush after my divorce - I did have a hard time getting over him. But eventually I did.


All is well here. Joseph is doing fine in college. He is coming home next weekend. I haven't seen him in a month. I really miss him. Rachael is doing very well in school, even with her advanced classes. She got all A's and B+'s on her progress report (where the grading scale is 95-100 for an A). Daniel's foot is healing spectacularly. Because I have been off school for a week, I got to take him myself to his orthpedic doctor's appointment on Thursday. He can go back to football in 2 weeks, with an air cast. But at least now that he has the air cast, it is smaller than the boot and he can wear both his shoes! Aaron is also hanging in there. His progress report was good, and he is loving soccer! AND he has made a friend, Dominic, and they went golfing today! Not putt-putt, regular golf. His mother said Aaron was very good. I am fine. A little stress lately, but I have had a week off with pay AND I won all the prizes on the radio Friday, so I can't complain much. I FINALLY had time to watch my new copy of "The Lake House" and I watched "Baby Mama", which surprisingly was very good. I love Tina Fey and Amy Pohler.

Anyway, that's about it for now. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
J.

1 comment:

Brother Dave said...

It has been a good weekend, other than the discovery that our middle son has apparently been "seeing" a young[er] lady from his work.

Lupe found out and has decided to file for divorce. I hate to see this happening. Shirley is extremely upset (and is not appreciative of David's infidelity).

It bothers me to see Shirley so upset.