Monday, September 01, 2008

Manic Monday



If you were to name the one thing you have the most compassion for, what would it be? Children with incompetent parents.....you know, the ones who come to school needing a bath, needing clean clothes, needing breakfast, without their homework done or their permission slips signed because no one looked in their backpacks, the ones who don't ever get read to at night, and have never been on a real vacation, so they don't understand half of what they read because they have absolutely no background of experiences to draw from.

It's been said that, "The best things in life are free." Do you think this is true? Yes, but I would like to try out some of the other stuff once in awhile.

What is the most valuable thing you own? My house, I guess, if we're talking material things. The most valuable things I have that technically belong to me are the kids.


Hope everyone is having a great "extra" day off. Steven has been here since Saturday and as always, we've had a wonderful time just being together. What did YOU do with your Labor Day?

J.

7 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Good answer for #1!

I played too :)

Sayre said...

Laundry. Watched Gustav coverage. Took kid to see a friend. Went to work because the republicans decided to not convene tonight (had to change programming). Picked kid up. Had wonderful fish dinner prepared by hubby. More laundry.

Exciting, huh?

Brother Dave said...

Re: "Children with incompetent parents…"

The children might sense that they are 'different'; yet, they will not recognize their parent's incompetencies.

Nonetheless, it would be painful for any of us to witness that.

Jodi said...

Teena - Thanks.

Sayre - Oh baby, you're living my life! Excitement city!

Brother Dave - It's not that they know they're different....they are just missing out on so much. I want to take them home, buy them REAL pajamas, make them a clean bed...give them a bath, read them a story, and put them to bed at a reasonable hour. You have no idea how many children in this world do not have those things!

J.

Brother Dave said...

Sad to think that it happens at all.

Desert Diva said...

Children with incompetent parents - yes, I've seen quite a few of those in my career. I especially couldn't figure out the ones who were the first to come to a holiday party, but you couldn't get them to school for a parent-teacher conference for anything! :-(

trkndude299 said...

Go to bed now!!!!!!!!!!!!
My slap happy, happy is on the way.

Teachers! Hurumpf.
They think they have all the answers.

Well, they don't.
I do! So, for a nominal fee I'll give ya'll you just the answer you seek.
Dammitt, I'm on to something here!