Saturday 9: Happy Father's Day Eve
1. How long since you have been with your dad? Um...yesterday. He lives 10 minutes away.
2. How many siblings share your dad? 2. My dad is married to his one-and-only wife, my mom. I have 1 brother and 1 sister.
3. Will you see your dad tomorrow? Yep. Lunch at my parents' house.
4. Do you give him gifts on Father’s Day? Yes, I got him a grilling cookbook.
5. Have you ever had a tough time in your relationship with your father? Yes. Strangely enough, it's been since I got divorced. I have had to fight for my right to be independent.
6. What was the last thing that you did with your dad? Went out to eat.
7. Growing up, was your dad tough on you? Yeah, my dad was a high school guidance counselor. Good grades were not optional, nor was going to college. Good behavior was expected.
8. Are you close to your father? Pretty close. We have our moments. He's been an excellent grandpa and surrogate dad to my kids.
9. How long since you have spoke to him? Yesterday. I talk to him or my mom almost every day.
Happy Father's Day to all the fantastic dads and grandpas in my world and the Blogosphere, particularly my dad, my brother-in-law Joe, and my sweetie.