Friday, June 13, 2008
Friday Fill-ins and Random Thoughts....
1. Going to New York City is high up on my bucket list.
2. My favorite quote is "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."; it's from Deuteronomy 31:6.
3. My ex-boyfriend inspired me to start blogging.
4. Strawberries are best with sugary juice and shortcake.
5. I was hiding and being chased in the last dream I remember having.
6. The most enjoyable time to go for a walk is twilight.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to just relaxing, tomorrow my plans include nothing and Sunday, I want to have lunch with my dad!
Just a few bullets:
**My oldest son is driving me crazy. He doesn't like me and I don't like him much either. His attitude stinks, and I am sick of his sense of entitlement. His tone and behavior make me not want to do anything nice for him ever again. College can't come too soon.
**I was going to write a nice "Father's Day" post about my dad, but I'm not feeling too well. I ran around all morning and now I just feel like taking a nap. Anyway, my dad is a good guy. Nuff said.
**3 of the 4 kids are going with their dad this weekend, and the remaining one wants nothing to do with me (because he hates me) so I am totally on my own. I contemplated driving to meet Steven, but he would have been 7 hours away (one way) and the gas cost would have been significant. We agreed to save the money for our anticipated road trip at the end of the month. But I really miss him and I sure could use a long hug (among other things!)
**I totally took THE HIGH ROAD by purchasing a coffee mug you can personalize, for the kids to give their dad for Father's Day. That's 15 bucks of MY MONEY, folks. Note: he did not do the same for me on Mother's Day. This makes me the mature one. And the only gloating I'm doing about it is on here. What a girl!
**Again, the people who use my credit union have no concept of personal space. Why in hell does some woman need to stand 6 inches from me? Back the heck up, please.
**I have found some insurance that allows me to add both the teenagers as secondary drivers to my car. Only $11 extra a month. Rachael has had her license for awhile, so she has taken the car alone a few times. Joseph just got his license this morning and tonight will taken the car for the first time. It was pretty scary for me the first few times Rachael did it, but I'm getting used to it.
**I took Aaron to see "Kung Fu Panda" last night, while Daniel and his buddies saw "Indiana Jones". "Kung Fu Panda" is really funny and totally worth it. Nothing to object to at all, and funny for parents and kids.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Posted by Jodi at 12:22 PM