Monday, June 09, 2008

Manic Monday


Hey there...it's the late edition of Manic Monday. It's been a fairly uneventful day around here. Aaron had swimming lessons. I washed a bunch of sheets and blankets and hung them out at my parents' s huge clotheslines for some fresh air and sunshine drying. I took Aaron bowling this afternoon, and now I'm about to make dinner. Exciting, huh?


Here are this week's questions:


What is your ideal age? I don't have any idea. I'm still learning to be a grownup at 43. And in a few weeks I'll be 44. But there are times I wish I was still in my 30s.

What is your best excuse for being late? The kids. Blaming them works for almost every situation.

If you had to give yourself a nickname what would it be? How about "Sexy"? har, har. Seriously, I kind of like "Hoosier Girl". But I also like some of the nicknames Steven has for me. (sorry - private)

Sad Mondays

Have a great day!

J.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's weird - none of us 40+ folk taking part in this week's MM, seem to want to go back to our twenties or teens. I quite like being 40+ :). Happy MM!

Miss Britt said...

Wait. You're in your 40's??

I thought you were younger than that!

I suppose that means you could just TELL people you're in your 30's. :-)

Just Dave said...

I passed 40 some time back and barely slowed down. Glad to see that you are keeping your head above water with all the flooding going on in Hoosierland.

Shen-Shen said...

Haha, I feel like blaming your kids would work pretty well.

Happy Monday! :)

Jodi said...

Siani - Hey thanks for stopping by. I like being the age I am. Actually, I would like to be mid-30s and be "who I am" now.

Miss Britt - You are now officially my best friend! Truthfully, I have always looked younger than I am. Now it's the fact that I have an an 18 year old son that gives me away.

Just Dave - No flooding down here in Southern Indiana, thankfully. You don't seem like the type to slow down. (wink)

Shen-Shen - Isn't that what kids are for? Slave labor and reasons for sick days! Ha, ha!

J.

Unknown said...

If we could only know what we know now and have the stamina of a twenty-something!

trkndude299 said...

Angel Eyes is too much to ?

Ok folks, HG is my Angel Eyes.
Look it up under the group Steel Heart.
She'll always be my Angel Eyes!

Peace Out Ya'll.
me

Canadian flake said...

Great answers...thanks for the smiles!!

Teena in Toronto said...

My 40s have been pretty good!

I played too :)