It's a Tuesday. This has been a really loose week for us. Except for Aaron's daily swimming lesson and the boys' 3 times a week visits to the gym, we don't have anything we HAVE to do. All week. So every day feels like Saturday. Which is great in a way, but also very unguided. I am not always the best at self-motivation. And, for some unknown reason, I have taken a nap every day for the last 4 days. Which is really unnecessary, because most days I'm sleeping until 8. Maybe it's just because I can. Who knows? Anyway, all I accomplished today was getting Aaron to swimming, then taking Daniel and Aaron to the gym, re-opening my checking account and getting some money from my Louisville credit union. But I am going shopping with my mother and my daughter....should be interesting.
Anyway, today's 10 on Tuesday topic is "10 Things that annoy you at work". This is an easy one.
1. My "I'm 50 but I dress like I'm 21" boss.
2. "Clique-y" teachers.
3. Faculty meetings which basically waste my time and serve no real purpose except to make the administration feel better about holding meetings.
4. Parents who don't give a shit.
5. Summer "professional development" (translation: long meetings on stuff we already know)
6. People who hog the microwave in the lunch room.
7. The office staff who sneak out for Subway takeout at lunch and don't offer to get some for the rest of us.
8. Young skinny teachers whose classrooms are perfect, whose clothes and hair are perfect, and who have no concept of "real" life.
9. Paperwork (not the productive kind, the meaningless, repetitive kind)
10. Fire drills on cold days.
That's it for this Tuesday.