Saturday 9: Family Ties
1. Where and when were you born? Southern Indiana. 1964.
2. Do you have siblings? If yes, tell us more. Yes, one brother, Tony, who is 2 years younger, and one sister, Terri, who is 5 years younger. They both live around here.
3. What are your parents’ names? Ken and Marilyn.
4. Did you (or do you) know all four of your grandparents? No. My dad was the second youngest child of a very large family, so by the time I came along, my paternal grandfather had died. My paternal grandmother was in a nursing home. I was, however, very close to my mother's parents, especially my Nana. She did not pass away until after I was married. My 2 oldest children did get to meet her and visit her a few times when they were young. My Nana is probably one of the biggest reasons I am an elementary teacher.
5. Do have children? If yes, tell us about them. If no, do you want them? As most of the people who read this blog already know, I have 4 children. Joseph is 18 and about to graduate from high school. Rachael is 16 and a sophomore. Daniel is almost 14 and finishing the 7th grade. And Aaron is 8 and in the 2nd grade. I always wanted lots of kids.
6. Do you still live in the general area that you grew up in? Yes. I live less than 2 blocks from the hospital where I was born (and where Aaron was born), and about 10 minutes from the house where my parents live and I grew up in.
7. Do you have cousins? If yes, are you or have you been close? I have tons of cousins. My dad is the 2nd youngest of 11. By the time I was born, some of my 1st cousins were having babies. I am close to several of my cousins. I used to spend my summers with several of my girl cousins, and now as an adult, I go every year to a Christmas party hosted by one of my guy cousins.
8. How often does your family all get together? At least a couple of times a month. On all birthdays (or as close as possible), and all major holidays.
9. Is your significant other close to your family?He has only met them a few times, but they seem to get on fine. My brother and my brother-in-law are particularly fond of Steven. He fits with their particular brand of
Hope you are all having a terrific Saturday!