1. For me, watching those stupid "adult" cartoons like The Simpsons and The Family Guy is the opposite of creativity.
2. Pride and Prejudice was the last excellent book I read.
3. I like fill-ins because I don't have to come up with my own idea for a Friday post, and they're fun!
4. In nature I like looking at trees, hills, mountains.
5. I have no idea who should win the US elections.
6. The last time I laughed with all my belly was when Steven was here and he said something funny while we were talking on the front porch.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to hear Rachael's band, tomorrow my plans include nothing in particular (maybe spending time with Steven, she suggests hopefully), and Sunday, I want to get organized for the week. Maybe clean the boys' room before they come back!
Some Friday thoughts:
I started a post yesterday which was a long rant about my parents, but I decided against it. My parents are becoming more forgetful and more emotional as they get older. My mom will be 70 tomorrow. I can't believe it. That sounds so old! Anyway, they were both driving me crazy yesterday because they think that THEY are in charge of my children, not me. But it's all good now.
I haven't had much time to blog this week, because for the last 3 days I have alternated between periods of frantic activity, and slug-in-the-bed laziness. Lots of driving these last few days, and believe me that is going to STOP, or at least slow down. I am NOT going to be the summer taxi driver again. I did take the kids down to the local bookstore, and I bought a couple of good books for myself. This one looks particularly good.
Steven is driving to somewhere in Ohio right now. I am hoping he will find something coming this way for the weekend. The two younger boys are going with their dad for the weekend, so I will have a little more free time. I'll let you know if good things are coming my way!
I can see it's going to be real challenge to keep this house in order this summer. It seems to perpetually be in DIS-order! I told the kids, they get a pass on any semblance of organization THIS week, but starting Monday, the new system is in place. This involves reading, exercising, cleaning, and limited quantities of video games. I am also investing in a large stack of disposable cups, plates and plasticware. I am NOT going to see that sink perpetually full.
I have all these plans for my summer. I need to finish cleaning out my room, I need to do something about the bathroom and the boys' room. I need to clean out what used to be the playroom but is now just a dumping ground for toys, so Daniel can have a space of his own. I have some professional issues to work out, and I want to read. And of course, I want to have a little time to travel with Steven in the truck. Man! How am I going to fit all that in to 8 weeks?!
Anyway, have a great weekend everyone!