Today was a day off for me. It was election day in Kentucky, so the public schools were closed. I had all kinds of glorious, decadent plans for today, but somehow most of the self-indulgent ones didn't pan out. I was going to spend the day with my sweetie, but that was only MY plan. His work schedule didn't quite coincide with my ambitions for a snuggly day at home in bed. I was also going to take the laptop and either head for the Starbuck's at Bass Pro Shop (don't laugh - it's really pretty and quiet there, and there's a waterfall and fish) or the local coffee shop, or maybe even take a long nap. But alas...none of those ideas were to be. So, I have decided that this week's "10 on Tuesday" will be a list of things I accomplished on my day off.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
10 on Tuesday
Yes, that's right! It's10 Things I Did Today:
1. Cashed my tax refund check.
2. Paid Rachael's tuition with most of the above.
3. Paid the electricity, gas, phone, and water bills.
4. Went to the doctor for a check up, had my blood taken, and scheduled a mamogram (yikes!)
5. Talked to Steven multiple times.
6. Got my hair cut (2 inches off the back).
7. Picked up Joseph's senior pictures from the photographer (and paid the rest of the balance).
8. Took Aaron to the gym for his Tuesday session with his trainer and ended up playing kickball for a half an hour.
9. Went to the St. Genisius Society induction at the high school with Joseph and Rachael and saw them both receive another star for their theatrical performances this year. (St. Genisius is the patron saint of actors)
10. Went to Kroger for milk, cereal, toothpaste, tea, and ingredients for tomorrow night's dinner.
BONUS: Also talked to Steven's mom twice, made dinner, did a load of dishes, did a load of laundry, and coerced Aaron into the shower before bed.
So, needless to say, I'm tired. I'm heading to bed.
Posted by Jodi at 10:19 PM