This was supposed to be my first guest post, but somehow I managed to crash and burn on my first mission into the unknown. Now that my wings have been reattached, I have been given clearance to attempt another flight in the blogosphere.
Since I've met Hoosier Girl I've been introduced to the world of blogs. One of the things she taught me, was that I was what was known in blog speak as a lowly lurker. I winced at that phrase. That word has such negative energy, I really don't need any help in the negative energy department. In an effort to not be a lurker, I've given this blog stuff a try at posting, and because Hoosier Girl gave me lots of encouragement to do so. Well, here we go.
The 10 things I learned from dating a teacher:
1. Teachers are always on a learning curve.
2. Just one student can ruin a teaching career.
3. Teachers are on the cutting edge of technology and they know how to apply that technology in the classroom.
4. Administrators can be as ruthless as overzealous truck inspectors.
5. Teachers like to have fun with educating and see fun in everything they do and see. You know, drinking straws, pipe cleaners, food, paper clips, etc.
6. Not all teachers will correct your bad spelling and grammatical faux pas (sp).
7. Teachers have to be as much a lawyer, counselor, politician, prison warden, and then they might actually get to teach after donning those other hats.
8. My beloved Atlas and my all time favorite wall map have been replaced with laptops and fancy projectors. (can anyone explain why US Geography is a difficult concept to grasp without the aid of computers?)
9. Teachers give lots of very, very good advice.
10. Last, but not at all least; My favorite teacher has taught me that I have soo much more to learn yet.
aka "Hoosier Girl's boyfriend"