Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Work Worries

I haven't written much about work lately. Mainly because, since Christmas things have been much better. We started a new behavior system that really seems to be working. I actually haven't been dreading going to work, like I used to last year. It's almost been......dare I say it?....fun.

But I guess it couldn't last forever.

Two things have happened:

1. An incident that occurred at the end of November has come back in my face. It's a long story, but I was investigated by "Compliance and Investigations" from the school corporation and it was found to be "unsubstantiated", which means that nothing could be determined. NOW, Child Protective Services has it. I am being "interviewed" tomorrow at 9:30 AM. I am so panicked right now I almost can't breathe. I know I didn't do anything wrong, I know the mother who reported me is a nut, I know it will probably turn out all right.....but this is CPS!!! These are the people who can get my license taken away.

2. My principal came to me before school on Thursday to tell me that CPS was coming this week, and while she was at it, she told me that our LD (Learning Disabilities) Resource Teacher is leaving at the end of February and she wants me to take over her job. Now, ordinarily this would sound good to me, because I had already decided that I was going to leave teaching EBD (Emotional and Behavior Disorder) kids at the end of this school year.

But this smacks not of offering me a better position, but of me being removed from the job I'm in. I don't like the idea of leaving my students mid-year and I don't like the way it looks. I wrote my principal an e-mail Thursday asking her whether I was being asked if I wanted to switch or I was being told. So far, no answer. My principal and I had a very heated meeting back in December, and I fear I am now on the "hit list". If she wants you gone, believe me, she will get you gone. I have seen her do it.


I do not talk much about God or religion here on this blog, but I do believe in the power of prayer and positive thinking. Please, please, please - say a little prayer for me and both situations. I am so worried.

Thanks for "listening".
J.

6 comments:

Brother Dave said...

J - I have no doubt that you are in the prayers of many of us.

When you personally ask our Heavenly Father to give you clarity in the CPS interview, keep in mind the He supports Truth.

Be sure to pray that the hearts and minds of the interviewers will be touched by your sincerity.

Close your prayer, "in the name of Jesus Christ."

Go into your interview with the knowledge and confidence that our Lord is on the side of Truth.

The Holy Ghost will guide you, and will bear witness to your interviewers.

I speak from experience on this.

Jay said...

It's been my experience that it's best to meet these things head on. Don't be nervous or scared or anything like that, just walk in there and tell it like it is. Don't concede anything, but don't be really pushy either.

You'll do fine!

Anonymous said...

I had already started a huge cheerleader rant when I got "the call".

I still want you to know I'm there with ya Babe.

I also want you to know that I'm here for you!

Godspeed Larry.
I didn't know you, but "J" did; and that's enough for me!

My thoughts + prayers are with you + your family J. (and Larry's)

Love, Steven

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking positively for you and I miss you.

Canadian flake said...

sending up lots of prayers for you ...you are on my mind and my fingers are crossed for you.

I am sure everything will turn out just fine for you...

Hang in there hon...

e.Craig Crawford said...

I'm not a religious person, but I do pray. And you're on my list. Try to keep a positive attitude. Even if you have to do it over and over again. :-)