1. 1st Grade Social Studies: In what month do Americans go trick-or-treating? October.
2. 1st Grade World Geography: True or False? Africa is a country south of Europe. False.
3. 2nd Grade U.S. Geography: What is the body of water between Florida and Texas called? The Gulf of Mexico.
4. 2nd Grade English: How many syllables are there in the word Mississippi? 4.
5. 3rd Grade World History: True or False? Columbus discovered America in the 14th century. False. It was the 15th century. (I missed this one)
6. 3rd Grade Measurements: How many feet are there in 75 yards? 225.
7. 4th Grade Earth Science: True or False? Comets are made up mostly of rock and metal. False. They are mostly ice and dust. (I missed this one, too. It sounded reasonable)
8. 4th Grade Chemistry: On the periodic table, what element is represented by the letter N? Nitrogen.
9. 5th Grade Math: Is the fraction 3/7 greater than or less than 7/10? Less than.
10. 5th Grade Biology: The frontal lobe of your brain controls.....A. your learning and decision making, B. your hearing and your memory, C. your sense of touch, or D. your sight. A,
BONUS: 1,000,000 Question: 5th Grade Music: In classical music, what instruments typically comprise a string quartet? 2 violins, a viola, and a cello. (I said a violin, a viola, a cello, and a bass.....ah well...not as cultured as I thought.)
Jay: 90% and he got the $1,000,000 bonus question! B+
Avitable: 100 %, the $1,000,000 bonus question AND extra Bonus points for correcting naming all the other lobes of the brain. (show off) A+ (tied with Brother Dave for the best score. He's so smart!)
Coolest Mom: 90%, no bonus. B
York: 100% on the 4 he answered. Out of 10: 30% and the bonus $1,000,000 question. (In my school corporation, we don't give "F"s to the elementary students, we give "U"s for "Unsatisfactory". Sorry) U
Just Dave: 90%, no bonus. B
Coffeypot: 20%, no bonus, but extra credit points for the most creative answers. (Teacher's pet) He should get a "U", but because he tried so darn hard.....A. (I told you he was the teacher's pet).
Brother Dave: 100% AND the bonus $1,000,000 question. (Tied with Avitable for best score) A+, of course.
I thought this was fun. We'll do it again next week.
I am taking the weekend off from blogging. See you all next week.