Thursday, November 01, 2007

November 1st- the Day After!


Visit NaBloPoMo


Yes, folks, that's right. It's that time of year again: National Blog Posting Month, cleverly abbreviated "NaBloPoMo". I did this last year and had a great time, so I decided to do it again.

Here's a couple of Halloween pictures:
Aaron with his pumpkin on our front porch.






Aaron (appearing as the evil Darth Vadar), trick-or-treating at Fourth Street Live in Louisville!











Just as a sidenote: I had the day from hell today. In a nutshell - 8:00 AM meeting, annoying student showing her rear from the first minute of school, principal evaluating me while annoying student is going off, lesson disrupted to deal with annoying student, annoying student finally pushes it too far, gets suspended, 10:50 meeting that takes up my entire planning period, no lunch (forgot to bring one due to 8 AM meeting), youngest student confides in me about physical abuse by older sister, phone call to CPS, dismissal.

Next year I am taking the day after Halloween off!!!!

See ya tomorrow,
J.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh, we all have those horrible school days. Just think, someday I might move and become your principal and be the one laughing my head off watching you deal with some punk kid and remembering why I like the power to suspend! Muahahaha!

Our principal fired a guy ON Halloween. Could been worse.

e.Craig Crawford said...

I'd be kickin' ass and takin' names. Probably get fired. But, I wouldn't need my Valium anymore. Sounds good. ;-)

Rick Rockhill said...

good luck with the post-a-day! You'll do great J

Unknown said...

I think I’d take Halloween AND the day after off!

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Aaron makes a very impressive Darth Vader.

I would probably take the day off too, if that's any indication what future November debuts will be like.

Just Dave said...

Lookin' forward to those daily posts. How did your French guest react to an American Halloween?

Jodi said...

Revolution - You would be a fun principal to work for!

E.Craig - I'm sure you would be a professional, like me. Which means you would only think about kickin' their asses! (ha!)

P.S.S. - Thanks!

Lisa - Definitely.

RWA - He can do the voice, too. He told me, very confidentially, "Mom, Darth Vadar is Luke's father. He really is."

Just Dave - She liked it. She went to a cookout/Halloween party and had her first s'more! She also loved carving a pumpkin.

J.

Canadian flake said...

holy cow...it sounds like you need a week off after all that and a good stiff drink..lol.

Hang in there and remember parents like me DO appreciate all your good work.

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Hahaha! Good lord!!