1. Aaron and I went out to lunch at Long John Silver's. Did you know they don't serve ANY baked fish there? I ended up getting the breaded cod and picking a lot of the coating off. And I didn't get fries, I had corn-on-the-cob and slaw. And sweet tea to drink. Tea is okay in moderation, so I have been allowing myself a glass now and then.
2. We went to see Joseph's play. They did "Noises Off", a hilarious comedy. Joseph wasn't in it, he was the assistant director. Which meant lots of work and behind-the scenes action. He really liked "doing tech".
1. My dad's 75th birthday party. My dad won't actually be 75 until Wednesday, but we do birthday parties on Sundays. My parents were so sweet about making foods I could eat. I was strong, even when they rolled out the homemade coconut cream pie. I chose the "no sugar added" apple pie, and didn't eat the crust. (sigh) We all surprised my dad with gift cards from his favorite fast-food restaurants, since when my mom is gone he likes to "get a small sandwich". He laughed when he opened a card with McDonald's, one with Wendy's, and then one with Arby's.
2. Rachael has stayed friends via e-mail and IM and cell phones with the Baron's two daughters, and they wanted to go walking up and down the "funky shop" strip in Louisville. So I worked out an arrangement with Baron's ex-wife (who can't stand me, but would do anything for her daughters) for them to meet. It also allowed me to give his oldest daughter her Harry Potter book, which Baron had ordered through me at our bookstore way back in March. And I had a chance to admire new hairstyles and get hugs. I haven't seen them in several months and I've missed them. They looked happy and healthy. I honestly don't know when I will see them again, which is sad. Rachael said they had a great time. They always did get along well together.
1. I took Aaron to his exercise class and I walked on the treadmill at the same time. Aaron walked and jogged a mile on the treadmill in 19 minutes! I was really proud of him.
2. I caught up on bills and housework, and went to the grocery. Exciting, I know......
3. Thursday I'm taking the boys to Kings Island for the day! Rachael is going with the high school kids from church on Wednesday.
That's all the exciting news from Southern Indiana for now. Only 21 days until the first student day of school for me, less than that for my kids.......(gulp!)