Monday, June 18, 2007

Boiling....

WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS X-RATED LANGUAGE AND CONTENT.
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

(See the post below this one for a saner, calmer post)

Okay, say you are a man. Say you possibly are interested in a woman. Say you have a date with that woman, say...on Saturday night. And it goes really well. And that woman thinks you might, just might, be interested in a permanent relationship, not just one based on screwing....

Now pretend that you call that woman a few days later. And the two of you are talking and she casually asks you if you would like to do something that evening, say tonight after work.

Is your answer:

A. Sorry, I can't tonight....how about another night this week?


OR
B. I can't tonight...I have to wash my uniforms and later get on Match.com and e-mail 5 or 6 women, because if I don't e-mail so many women a week, I won't get my 6 months free...not that I'm really that interested, I just want my 6 months free......? Maybe another night this week if I don't work overtime.....
Yes, that's right, ladies and gentlemen. Can you guess by the title which one was Sam's response to me earlier today?
I hate f-ing men. All of them.
I am so done with dating.
Maybe I'm just absolutely not worth dating and no g-damn man has the balls to tell me so. Maybe I'll just start hunting up f-buddies on Craigslist and get my jollies that way. I am so f-ing tired of trying.
I hate dating.
ABSOLUTELY FUCKING HATE IT!!!!
J.
PS. My response to his was stunned silence and then to politely tell him I had to go, followed by about a half hour of tears. I have no idea if he has any idea how badly he's blown it.

5 comments:

Brother Dave said...

J, when you first described this guy I thought "if it sounds too good to be true…" But I bit my tongue.

What amazes me - perhaps it shouldn't - is how he was the perfect, sensitive gentleman, and now appears to have Jeckyl and Hyde syndrome.

His reply to you could not have been less sensitive. Perhaps this explains why he isn't already hooked up with some one.

While you titled your post "Boiling" I am certain that "Incredibly Deeply Hurt" would fit.

You do not deserve this type of person. Luckily, you discovered his true nature early on in the relationship.

Sayre said...

My husband asked me yesterday, "If I died, would you get married again?" I thought about it for a moment and said, "No... probably not."

He was quite chuffed by my response, but the one I gave him wasn't complete. I just don't think I have it in me to go the whole dating route and try to find another one and fit him into my life. I've been married twice and I don't know that I'd want to again. Maybe I'm just getting older and want things my way without having to pick up wet towels or wipe up spilled coffee on a daily basis. I'll keep the guy I have for as long as I can have him, but when he's gone... I just don't know.

Jodi said...

Thanks, guys. I have calmed down now. Still haven't heard from him, but my friend who fixed us up is encouraging me to not give up.

We'll see.

J.

Jodi said...

Dop't worry, Birdman....
I'm not Craigslist material just yet.

Thanks for making me smile!

J.

Woman with Kids said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry. Even when you know they're not worth it, it's hard.