I've been tagged by Dazed, my fellow Hoosier, with a meme....
1. What's the stupidest mistake you've ever made with money?
Gee, this is a tough one. I've made so many stupid mistakes with money. (I wish that was a joke) It's a toss-up between not saving more when I was young, and messing up my checking account multiple times. I think in the last couple of years I've finally started to get a handle on things.
2. Do you think taxes are unfair or do you think it’s your civic duty?
I think taxes are my civic duty, but I think I am way overtaxed. I also absolutely hate sending my money to some of the idiots in Congress, but I don't see any better way to do it.
3. Do you take risks and possibly turn your life upside down for new opportunity?
The only category in my life where I take risks in is probably in repeatedly opening up my heart to the possibility of new love. Stupidly. Otherwise, no. I'm basically a chicken.
4. Are you the alpha in your household? (Include pets)
Yes. I have been a single parent for 5 years. I am in charge. I get the blame when things screw up, and I get the credit when things goes well. I take my responsibility to this household and the people (and pets) in it very seriously.
5. Do you compromise with your significant other or does someone always get their way?
I am currently without a significant other. However, I like to think that I have learned to compromise. My former loves may disagree with me, but since none of them are here to speak up, we'll just give me the benefit of the doubt.
6. What curse word do you use most often?
Under regular circumstances, I have a tendency to overuse the phrase "Holy shit!" When having anything to do with my ex-husband, it's "fuck". As in, "you're a fucking idiot." Like that.
7. Do you easily change your mind or are you dead set on most issues?
When it comes to my kids or my work, I'm usually dead set on most issues. In other areas, I've been known to change my mind.
8. What famous person would you like to trade places with for one week?
Oprah Winfrey. I wold love to meet and know all the people she knows, and I would really love to have all her money, if only for a week. I could do a lot in a week.
9. If you could go back in time and tell one person off, who would it be and what would you say?
Oh my, the possibilities are endless with this one. I think it would be the director of my dorm my junior year in college. I let her walk all over me, and she treated me very badly. I didn't know how to stand up for myself back then.
10. Were you a good student or did you do just enough to get by?
I was a good student. A really good student. (sheepish grin)
11. If you could give one piece of advice to someone just starting out on their own, what would you tell them?
SAVE ALL YOUR MONEY NOW.
12. Are people basically good and honest or are most people opportunistic and predatory?
I hope and pray that all people are basically good and honest. Although sometimes I highly question the integrity of men over 40. I think most of them are opportunistic, predatory, and downright selfish.
13. Is there somebody you wish you could go back and apologize to?
Yes. Several, really.
1. E. Craig
2. Finding Heart
4. Tense Teacher
See you in the funny papers,