Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I Got Nuthin' Much to Say......

Hey, howdy, hey....
I know I haven't posted since Sunday, but there isn't much exciting happening. Just the same ol', same ol' stuff......

Life continues to ramble on:
The kids are fine. Aaron had a part in the school mass last week. He did very well reading his little part. Daniel just got back from hanging out with a friend and her family at the State Swim Championships in Indianapolis. He is excited that soccer season is about to start. Rachael had her boyfriend, Kameron, over for a "movie night" last weekend. They were cute together but it DID make me feel a little weird to see them cuddling on the couch. She and Joseph are in the spring musical in April and the practices are already keeping them busy. Also, her band: Ms. Understood will be starting back up on the 17th. She's the lead singer. Joseph has been crazy-busy because he has one of the leads in the musical (translation: extra practices) and was just nominated to National Honor Society. He's taking the SAT again this weekend as well as trying out for Music Theater Louisville for the summer.

School is up-and-down. I had the chance to ask to move out of my position and into either my old position as LD Resource Teacher or back to teaching regular education, but I decided to stick it out for another year. I know, crazy right? But I've thought about it a lot and I think I would just be trading my current struggles for different struggles, so I've decided to stay with a known quantity for now. Monday morning some insane person scheduled a case review meeting on one of my students, which is absolutely the worst time of the week for me to be out of the room, but the rest of that day and today haven't been too bad. Or maybe I'm just getting numb to it. Who can tell? No school this Friday, so only 2 more days this week....

My ex-husband is an idiot. I'm sorry, it's true. He is supposed to pay half of the kids' school tuition according to our divorce decree. I get a letter from the high school last week that tells me Rachael is in danger of not being allowed to return because her tuition isn't paid. (Joseph is on a scholarship) I've paid MY half, so guess who hasn't paid? I called him up, threatened him, and gave him one week to get things arranged with the school, or I will take him to court and when I do, my lawyer will ask the judge for HIM to pay MY legal fees as well as the owed tuition. God, he STILL drives me crazy!!!! Insanely enough, at the end of the most recent "tuition" phone call, he has the nerve to ask me to send him the paper that allows him to take 2 kids off on his taxes. I almost hit the roof of the car.....

Things are still moving along with Baron. We got to spend quite a bit of time together this past weekend, his only completely child-free weekend of the month. With 7 kids between us, we don't get a lot of 100% "kid free" time. His ex (and her icky boyfriend) is still a nutbar, but whatta ya gonna do? We try to squeeze in some quality time amidst the kids, work, and the cats....the cuddling is always good!

That's about it.
Have a great week.
J.

5 comments:

Jay said...

Well at least you stay busy. No time to sit around wondering what to do next for you!

Kara said...

The not posting bug must be going around. i've been pretty slack as well. Sorry about the ex..but i guess that just reinforces the reasons they are "ex".

captain corky said...

I think a lot of people are suffering from winter time blues, but Spring is almost here! Have a good week J.

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Ms. Understood...

Now that's a great name for a band.

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Just passing over your site, girl! Drink lots of coffee and eat pizza. Fixes everything!