I was reading over at Tense Teacher's place, and I saw a comment from a guy who has named himself "Redneck Nerdboy". So, I HAD to check out his blog, having been married to a redneck, and lived amongst them for a time. Turns out he has four: Poor Man's Telepathy, which seems to be about poetry, "Redneck Nerdboy", "My Childhood Memories", and "What Can We Tell Ya? It's a Red-Prof thang". I haven't had a chance to read them all, and the redneck-prof one doesn't seem to have been updated lately, but the "Redneck Nerdboy" one is great! He put up this 40 question meme, and I thought it looked like fun. So, here goes:
1. Do you still have tonsils? – Yes.
2. Would you bungee jump? – Hell no. I'm too chicken to even go on The Tower of Terror at Disney World.
3. If You Could Do Anything In The World For A Living What Would It Be? – I would be a children's book author, or a journalist.
4. How many tattoos do you have? – One. See "The 8 Things You Didn't Know About Me" post below, for a detailed picture. (grin)
5. Your favorite fictional animal? – Hobbes, from "Calvin and Hobbes".
6. One person that never fails to make you laugh? – 4 of them - my kids!
7. Do you consider yourself well organized? – No, but I keep trying.
8. Any Addictions? – Diet Coke, coffee, and sex! (grin)
9. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news? – the daily newspaper.
10. Would you rather go to a carnival or circus? – A carnival. All that good food and neat prizes.
11. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up? – a mom, a teacher, a nun.
12. Best Movie You've Seen This Year? Cars.
13. Favorite alcoholic drink – Strawberry daquaris.
14. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? – Go to the bathroom, and check my e-mail.
15. Siblings? – One brother and one sister, both younger than me.
17. Have you ever gone to therapy? – Yes, and I should probably go again.
18. If you could have one super power what would it be? – Super speed, for cleaning up quick.
19. Do you own any furniture from Ikea? – No.
20. Have you ever gone camping? – Yes, and I'm going with Baron next weekend.
21. Gas prices! First thought? – Help!
22. Your favorite cartoon character? – Snoopy.
23. What was your first car? – A VW Rabbit, neon green.
24. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? – No.
25. The Cosby Show or the Simpsons? – The Cosby Show. The Simpsons are just plain dumb.
26. Do you go to church? – Yes, almost every Sunday.
27. What famous person would you like to have dinner with? Barbara Walters. Sorry, I know it's trite, but I think she is amazing.
28. What errand/chore do you despise? – Dishes.
29. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? – What day is it?
30. Last time you puked from drinking? – College.
31. What is your heritage? – German and French.
32. Favorite flower? – Sunflowers. And roses.
33. Disney or Warner Bros? – Disney.
34. What is your best childhood memory? – Going to get ice cream in the back of the station wagon in my pajamas.
35. Your favorite potato chip? – Sour cream and onion Pringles.
36. What is your favorite candy? – Junior Mints or Heath Bar.
37. Do you burn or tan? – Tan.
38. Astrological sign? – Cancer the crab, the worldest worst sign. Depressing name, with a grouchy animal.
39. Do you own a gun? – No.
40. What do you think of hot dogs? – I like them grilled, or over a campfire.
I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you play along, let me know.
As Porky Pig says, "Th-th-th-that's all folks!"