Tuesday, July 25, 2006

And now, some musical selections for your entertainment.....





I found this link on another blog....it's AOLMusic's "111 Wussiest Songs Ever". It's a great list, and some of them I agree with - they are TOO much! But some are among my favorite songs!

Here's a list of the "wussy songs" I love, and why:

#1 - Shiny Happy People by R.E.M., 1991. I know it was supposed to be a political song and turned into a pop hit instead, but come on, this is a good song!

#4 - You're Beautiful by James Blunt, 2005. Any man that tells a woman she's beautiful is NOT a wuss. End of story.

#6 - Longer by Dan Fogelburg, 1979. This was one of the first complicated songs I tried to play on my acoustic guitar back in junior high, and besides, it's a really good love song.

#22 - You Light Up My Life by Debbie Boone. I LOVED this song. When I played off AOL earlier this evening, I still knew ALL the words.

#24 - All Outta Love" by Air Supply, 1980. This was Top 40 stuff when I was in high school. Come on, who couldn't like Air Supply back then?

#27 - More Than Words by Extreme, 1991. I had heard this song back then, but it wasn't until recently when Baron made me a mixed CD with this on it that it really became a favorite. It kind of sums up mine and Baron's relationship. I know where his heart is. (smile)


#28 - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go by Wham!, 1984. This was a great "turn up the radio and sing in your car" song. Not to mention every time I hear it now, I think of "Zoolander". (laugh)



#29 - Muskrat Love by America, 1976. I was in the 6th grade in 1976. That is the only reason I have to have for liking Muskrat Love.

#30 - Walking On Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves, 1983. Okay, freshman year in college. It was on the top 40 stations constantly. And it's another sing-along-in-the-car song.

#32 - Think of Laura by Christopher Cross, 1982. Okay, who remembers Luke and Laura on General Hospital? It was the fall of 1982, the girls in my dorm were skipping class to catch General Hospital....Luke and Laura were supposed to get married and then.....she disappeared! Luke was crushed! And this song was played, and we all cried! Poor Luke!

#41 - You've Got a Friend by James Taylor, 1971. Who could put any song by James Taylor on a "wussy" list?! This is a classic, people!

#46 - Hip to Be Square by Huey Lewis, 1986. The year I graduated from college and Huey Lewis was ultra cool!

#47 - Puppy Love by Donny Osmond, 1972. Donny Osmond?! Come on, who could pick on Donny Osmond?

#54 - Leaving On a Jet Plane by Peter, Paul and Mary, 1969. Another song I learned to play on my guitar in the 70's. Anything by the creators of "Puff the Magic Dragon" can't be all bad!

#58 - Bad Day by Daniel Powter, 2005. I like this song because it was playing on the radio on an especially bad day last year and it made me feel better.

#61 - Babe by Styx, 1979. First real concert I ever went to was Styx's "Paradise Theater" tour. Didn't tell my parents. Came home with my ears ringing and slightly woozy because someone behind us was smoking pot.

#62- Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce, 1973. Another classic artist.


#69 - You Had Me From Hello by Kenny Chesney, 1999. I am a BIG country music fan. I have seen Kenny in concert and he is HOT!






#83 - You're the Inspiration by Chicago, 1984. Again, Top 40 from my college years. The "bride and groom" dance at my best friend's wedding. AND, a great sing-along song.


#103 - Daydream Believer by The Monkees, 1968. Come on, who doesn't like the Monkees? I used to love their TV show when I was a kid!






#107 - What Hurts the Most by Rascal Flatts, 2006. Okay, Rascal Flatts is my FAVORITE country band. I have seen them twice in concert and I am going to see them again in August at the Kentucky State Fair. NOBODY ranks on Rascal Flatts....ya'hear?

#108 - Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton, 1977. What is Eric Clapton doing on this list, even at the bottom? What is wrong with these people?

#110 - Seasons in the Sun by Terry Jacks, 1974. From my grade school years, when I was first starting to listen to the radio.

Well, there you have it. 22 reasons why I like "wussy songs". Do you agree? Disagree? If you check the list, what songs do you like that I didn't? Let me know.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Here are my thoughts! I am so against a few of these songs - some are actually LOVE songs - and Think of Laura - best memories from GH - Luke/Laura - what a love story :)

Bruce Springsteen??? #104 Dancing in the Dark?

#99 Don't Cry - Guns & Roses??? WHAT?

#59 -Someone save my life tonight - ELTON JOHN!?!?! This was the first song I learned all the words to!

#48 - Just the way you are?? Billy Joel - this is a classic!

#44 I agree with - Clay Aiken's Invisible - I HATED THAT SONG!!!!

#36 Beth - KISS!!?!?!? WHAT?? This song, sung by Peter Criss is a CLASSIC!!

They are SOOOOO Lucky they did not have Rob Thomas or Matchbox 20 on there or I would be writing a letter to the editor!

eatmisery said...

I'm guilty of being a James Taylor fan. Ya gotta love the hippie era.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, Rascal Flatts rules!

~ Cat

TT said...

OK, a lot of stuff on that list is too sacharine for me to listen to. :-) But I like pretty much anything by the Monkees, especially "Daydream Believer". And, yes, Clapton doesn't belong on this list, period.

But then you went and crossed the line! "Seasons in the Sun"? Aaargh. That song is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. And they only ranked it 110th. Less wussy than Clapton?!?!?!?