- The "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" definitely applies to both customers and employees. A smile goes a LONG way. So does a little patience. On BOTH sides of the counter.
- Belly shirts only look good on skinny, beautiful 20-something women. They do NOT look good on older women or fat women. Really.
- Dressing like a biker dude or biker chick at 50 (or worse, OVER 50!) is NOT cool. Neither is coming in half-naked if you don't have the body for it. It's a grocery store, people, not a bar.
- A little soap and water works wonders. Everyone knows that kids get dirty, but please - if you're going to take your kids out in public, clean 'em up first.
- There are a lot of genuinely nice people. Serving THOSE people make my job fun.
- The free cookies from the bakery are for kids. Under 12 (hint, hint to the adults who try to bum one).
- There are a lot of poor people in this world. I would rather wait on the not-so-nice-looking man who wants $3 worth of good ham than the obnoxious New Yorker who orders $100 worth of meats and cheeses.
- The world is much bigger than working in a deli for $7 an hour. It's sad that some of my co-workers don't see that. I'm glad I do. It would be so scary that was all there was to my life.
- Please, please, please read a book once in awhile. Not just a People magazine. Or just watch tv or movies. Challenge your brain a little once in awhile.
Just my opinions, of course. I'm in a bit of a weird mood these days, so I hope I don't come across as too negative. Have a good week, folks.