In honor of my upcoming milestone event, I have decided to create my own "10 on Tuesday" theme this week:
10 Things I Thought Would Have Happened in My Life By the Time I Was 45 -
- I thought I would have a really nice house in a comfortable neighborhood. Don't get me wrong - I like my little house. But I didn't think I would still be in my first house.
- I thought I would be married. If I had stayed married to my first husband, we would have been married 22 years by now. Of course I am very glad I'm not married to him, but still...I had visions of being an "old married couple" at this age. In a way I am - Steven and I act like an old married couple! (smile)
- I thought I would have been on a cruise.
- I thought I would have written at least one children's book.
- I thought I would be skinny.
- I thought I would drive a really nice SUV or van.
- I thought I would live somewhere more exciting than my hometown.
- I thought I would have a dog. I love dogs. But our yard is small and our lives too hectic to give enough attenton to a dog.
- I thought I would be an active member of my church. I go to church, I give money to my church, I send my kids to the church school, I participate in some activities. But I am not exactly the active pillar I had hoped I would be.
- I thought somehow I would be more together than I am.
10 Things I am GOING to Do in the NEXT 45 Years of My Life -
- Fix up my house to my liking, including have my own bathroom.
- Spend time with the love of my life.
- Go on a cruise.
- Write a children's book. Or two.
- Lose weight and get in shape.
- Take my kids on a nice vacation.
- Get a dog.
- Volunteer. I would really like to teach adults to read or work with ESL students.
- Travel. Places I would like to see: Australia, France, England, Egypt.
- Get it together.
One more day.