Saturday, April 25, 2009

A few thoughts:

  1. I'm still tired. Walking 7,000+ steps a day and 2 jobs is tougher than I thought.
  2. Today was my first real day "on the job" in the Kroger deli. I learned to bake cookies, how to slice meat and cheese, and how to re-wrap it to put it back in the case. I liked the people I worked with - nice ladies.
  3. My feet hurt.
  4. I taught Saturday school this morning before Kroger. Much better money.
  5. Steven is in Massachusetts. I miss him. I DO love that man.
  6. Of all my kids, Daniel has been an absolute blessing lately. I am thankful to have him.
  7. I also love my cat. He is warm and cuddly and fun.

That's about it for now.

"Fun Monday" is coming up...uh...on Monday. Check the post below for the list of bloggers who have signed up. Aren't any of my REGULAR blog buddies going to sign up?

I'm working at Kroger again tomorrow. And Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and NEXT Saturday. Say a prayer! (smile)

J.

6 comments:

Sayre said...

Busy, busy lady!!! Very cool that you got to bake cookies though...

My feet hurt too.

e.Craig Crawford said...

Good luck .. I hope the "tired" is only temporary. There's always some stress involved in learning a new job. That contributes to tiredness too. Glad you have nice Kroger co-workers.

trkndude299 said...

You rock baby.
I admire the inner strength you have re-discovered.
As always, I wish you the best!
me

Blondefabulous said...

I remember my days at Miss Cordelia's in Memphis. I was doing triple duty between the deli, the sandwich bar, and cheffing for the restaurant part.

My feet were tired after those days!

Brother Dave said...

The Reebock Walking Shoe was the only that allowed my 12 hour shifts, on my feet, without them hurting at the end of the day.

Jodi said...

Sayre - Yeah, that was fun. But mostly my job consists of slicing meat and cheese, and then wrapping it back up to put away. Over and over and over.....

E.Craig - So far, it's a "good" tired. I hope I survive this week.

T-dude - As always, thanks for backing me up on this. You know my motivation. I love you!

Blondefabulous - New work shoes are in works. I'm sure that will help.

Brother Dave - Thanks for the recommendation. I will check those out!

J.