Saturday, April 18, 2009

Bloggy Meme

Bloggy Meme - Stolen from the Queen of Memes: Tense Teacher.


1. How did you come up with your blog title OR what does it mean? Actually, I saw it on the name of a closed coffee shop and I liked it. I used to be obsessed with coffee - I still love it, but I'm trying to cut back. And I like the idea of the coziness of sitting around a living room, feet up on a coffee table, holding mugs of coffee, talking with friends.

2. What are your general goals for blogging? For fun, entertainment, getting to know other people from different parts of the country,reading and learning about ideas and opinions different from my own, and a personal diary, of sorts.

3. Do people “in your real life” know that you blog and do they comment on your blog OR is it largely anonymous? A few people know I have a blog, but the only person I know in my day-to-day life who comments on my blog is Steven.

4. How often do you post (x per week)? It varies. Usually no more than 3-4 times a week.

5. How often do you read other blogs (x per week)? I try to read my "regulars" (the ones in my blogroll) every day.

6. How do you select blogs to read (do you prefer blogs that focus on certain topics or do you choose by tone or…?) You know, I've been blogging so long that I no longer remember exactly how I "found" most of my blogging buddies. But the way I find new blogs to read is by recommendation. That's how I found "Metalmom", most recently. I don't read personal blogs of any particular theme - I read a very diverse group of people. But I also have several education blogs that I read for professional information.

7. Do you have any plans to copy your blog entries in any other format, 0r do you think that one day, you’ll just delete it all? I would love to print it out, pictures and all, in book form. Among other things, this blog is a written and visual timeline of my children's lives, as well as my own.

8. What are the things you like best about blogging? The best things are the friendships you make, the humor, the new things you can learn. I can vent - people will listen to me. I can brag - people will cheer. I can cry - and people will comfort me.

9. What are the things you don’t like about blogging? I don't like bloggers who write overly dramatic posts all the time. I don't like bloggers who write posts which are clearly designed to inspire a bunch of "You're the best" kind of comments. And I don't like bloggers who post things just to stir the pot. There are a couple of blogs that I used to read regularly that I stopped reading for these very reasons: drama, pity parties, and "hey I'm edgy, let me get you all mad". This is supposed to be fun, people.

10. How do you handle comments? I usually respond to comments. I love the conversations that go on in the comments section.

11. Do you have any burning thoughts to share on blog etiquette? I personally think you should try to respond to comments. It's more fun that way. And don't be snarky.

12. Any desired blog features? I wish I had a really cool template, one that was specially designed for "The Coffee Table".

13. Have you suffered blog addiction? Yeah, kinda. I check mine every day, and my blogroll almost every day.

Have a happy Saturday!
J.

7 comments:

Brother Dave said...

Great thoughts on blogging. Enjoyed your comments.

metalmom said...

I have never given much thought about what to do with my blog entries. There are more than a few I want my family to read and more than a few I'd like to keep from their eyes.

I love you too punkin!

Sayre said...

I'm planning to bind mine in annuals for ZBoy.

Do you want me to add your name to the Fun Monday list? Let me know!

e.Craig Crawford said...

Interesting .. but what is "snarky?" Is that a Hoosier term?

Anonymous said...

A self-interview! Good thing it wasn't audio!

Jan said...

I always love your posts and find them fun to read. Even when you have a rough day I wanna give you a hug. Life can be trying at times.
Keep up the great work!
PS. I agree with eCraig. What is snarky? LOL

Jodi said...

Brother Dave - Thank you! You know I enjoy reading your stuff, too.

Metalmom - Awww...gee...thanks! (blushing)

Sayre - Sorry - I missed Fun Monday. It did seem like a fun one.

E.Craig - "Snarky" is an Internet term I picked up somewhere. I interpret it as a cross between "bitchy" and "smarmy".

Omega - Uh...yeah.

Tookie - I agree on the hug. You seem like a huggable kind of person, too. See definition of "snarky" above. LOL.

J.