Monday, March 23, 2009

19 Years Ago.


19 years ago I was experiencing labor for the first time. I had had a purple popsicle earlier to calm my stomach and about now it was coming back up. My ex-husband and I had been renting a house in the country and I had already been driven up and down a very bumpy country road twice, having made one trip to the hospital earlier and been told I was NOT in labor.


19 years ago I was being admitted to the hospital. I was barely in labor and I was scared to death. Having never had a major accident or broken bone as a child, it already hurt more than anything I had ever experienced. The nurses were very kind and sometime around midnight I got my epidural. My ex-husband fell asleep and I dozed off and on until morning, not feeling a darn thing anymore.


19 years ago, I was about to become a mother for the first time.


My life has never been the same since.


Happy 19th Birthday, Joseph. Thanks for being my boy. I love you.


Mom

9 comments:

Avitable said...

Happy birthday, Joseph!

Brother Dave said...

Happy Birthday Joseph. You are a wonderful son.

And you have a wonderful Mom.

Finn said...

Happy Birthday, Joseph! And Happy Birth Day, mom!

Just Dave said...

Hope you had a great day, Joseph. And I hope you had a great cake!

HoosierGirl5 said...

Thanks, everybody! I called my birthday boy at 15 minutes after midnight to be THE FIRST to wish him "happy birthday". And I just spoke to him a few minutes ago. He's having a great evening with his college friends.

19 years. Wow. I feel old. (laugh)

J.

Fleur de Lisa said...

Awwww, how sweet! Happy birthday Joseph.

metalmom said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Joseph!

And Happy Mother's Day to you!!

Trukindog said...

Happy Birthday Joseph !

Joseph, your mom had an epidural to give you birth so if she ever ask's remind her that SHE was the first one to give you DRUGS! :)

Tookie Tail said...

Awwww happy birthday to your Joseph! Hey J...did you celebrate with a purple popsicle at least? hehe