Tuesday, August 12, 2008
My "Back to School" 10 on Tuesday
Hey guys and gals....I survived the first day of school. My feet hurt...mostly because I wore the stupid cheap tennis shoes I bought just for looks. It was great to see my former students. They all did well on their first day. I have a couple of handfuls to take care of this year - a new kindergartner and a returning first grader in particular. My principal rubbed me the wrong way, but hopefully it was just a temporary thing. If she keeps it up all week, there is definitely going to be a discussion. I don't like being micro-managed. But overall, a long but satisfying day. In honor of the first day of school....a very special "10 on Tuesday":
10 Things I Like about Going "Back to School":
1. Sharpened pencils.
2. Kids' new haircuts.
3. New tennis shoes.
4. Notebooks. I LOVE notebooks. I always have.
5. Seeing old friends. (you know, people you really like but you really only see when you're at work)
6. Seeing students you loved from last year.
7. Getting back into a routine.
8. Getting crayons for an absurdly cheap price.
9. Seeing fleets of school buses back on the road.
10. A fresh start.
Happy "Back to School" to all teachers and students out there!
Posted by Jodi at 9:15 PM