Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday Nine

Saturday 9: We Travel Well

1. What part of the world and country do you live in? I live in Southern Indiana, across the Ohio River from Louisville, Kentucky, USA.

2. What is the furthest from home that you have been, and where is it? Salt Lake City, Utah, when I was with Steven this summer.

3. What travel destination have you enjoyed the most? It's a toss-up between the family vacations we have taken to Disney World and St. Petersburg Beach, Florida, and the trip out west I took with Steven this summer. I love family vacations with the kids, exposing them to new sights and experiences, but traveling with Steven seeing all the scenery that I had never seen before was personally very exciting.

4. What travel destination have you enjoyed the least? Anywhere in Kansas.....BORING!

5. Is there somewhere you’d like to visit but have not, and where is it? New York City.

6. Do you prefer traveling to see historic places or to hit the beach and relax? Both. I would love to go relax on the beach, but I love seeing new places, too.

7. What popular vacation destination have you never considered because you think you’d not like it? California. Sorry all you Californians, but ever since my ex moved out there to live with his NEW wife and totally abandoned his kids for 3 years, I've just had a personal bias against it. There are so many other places I want to see that I've never been to, that I will probably never get to California.

8. Where do you travel to most recently? Anyone who's been reading this blog for even just a week knows the answer to this question. Go HERE to read all about my roadtrip adventures, if you haven't already.

9. Do you like day trip “mini-vacations”? Yes. We always take a day trip to Kings Island in Cincinnati, Ohio and sometimes stay overnight in a hotel so we can hit the Newport Aquarium the next day before heading home. And one summer I made us tourists in our own town, and we went to see all the things in the Louisville area that visitors come to see, like the Kentucky Derby Museum, The Louisville Slugger Bat Factory, and Lincoln's Boyhood Home. It was a real treat.


That's it for this Saturday. See today's OTHER post below for more kitten pictures.

Have a great weekend,
J.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmn,
I do believe you said it all.
Bravo, great minds think alike.
(except Kings Island. I'm more a Sea World kinda guy. Ya know, Sharks, Dolphins, Sea Snakes, etc.)

me

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. There's something wrong with my yahoo / google thingy, and I couldnt post in my name.
me

Jay said...

Your totally right about Kansas. OMG the scenery is boring there. Nothing personal against the people who live there or anything though.