Happy Monday everyone! For some unknown reason, there is no "Manic Monday" this week, so I decided to catch up on some blog business. I have been tagged by Heather to name 6 unspectular quirks about me. This is going to be tough because a. I'm not quirky (quit laughing out there. Don't think I can't see you snickering behind your computer screens) and b. almost everything about me is spectular. But....since Heather is a new blog buddy, I've decided to be a sport and play along.
First, the rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you (did it - see the paragraph above)
2. Mention the rules (um...doing that now)
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours (coming up)
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them. leave a comment on each of the tagged
blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged. (at the bottom)
Next, from Merriam-Webster Collegiate.com, the official definition of a "quirk":
Main Entry: 1. quirk
Etymology: origin unknown
1 a : an abrupt
twist or curve b : a peculiar trait : IDIOSYNCRASY c : ACCIDENT, VAGARY
2: a groove separating a bead or other molding from adjoining
A peculiar trait? Me? Okay, here we go:
1. Even though my desk at school is usually a mess, I don't like anyone touching it. It's my personal space. Occasionally, I will let a student fetch me a stapler or the scissors from the top, but rarely does anyone but me open the drawers. It's just my personal space.
2. I like clean sheets. All the time. I will not sleep on the same sheets for more than a couple of nights at a time. Then they are either completely washed and replaced, or at the very least, a fresh set is put on.
3. I don't smell bad smells. I can usually smell strong sweet smells, but I don't smell bad things at all. If I say, "ooh, what's that smell?" then you know it smells bad!
4. I don't like pickles on hamburgers, but if I get White Castle hamburgers, I will get them with the pickles on them, then pick them off because I like the very faint taste of pickle they leave behind.
5. I always check my e-mail when I first get up and before I go to bed. Not that there's anything much in my e-mail except follow-up comments from blogs. The best part is e-mail from Steven.
6. I don't like cake and ice cream. Sometimes I will eat cake. And I DO like ice cream. But not together.
Tagged: Brother Dave, Sayre, Psychosomatic Wit (Jeff), and Tense Teacher.
Happy Monday all!