Sorry it has been too long between posts. It's funny: I wake up every morning with about 3 ideas for a blog post, but I usually don't have time to write in the mornings. By the time I get home, do all the kidstuff, and the housework, and my school stuff.....well, I'm too tired or I can't think of a dang thing. But at least I go through and read other people. That's relaxing and interesting. So here are a few bits that have been running through my head:
1. Weight Loss: While I appreciate everyone's congrats on me losing 20 pounds, I feel like I need to qualify that. First of all, it has taken me since July 11 to lose 20 pounds. That's not quick. Second, I still need to lose at least 30 more. Yes, that's right. I was way off the scale. I still have a long way to go.
2. Why it's going to take a little longer: This weekend is Harvest Homecoming in my town. 4 days of food, craft booths, rides, music....you name it, we got it. Having grown up in this area, visiting Harvest Homecoming daily for the 4 days the booths are open is a tradition. And the same delicious foods have been there for years. Thursday night the kids and I went down there for dinner. Rachael and I had chicken and dumplings. Daniel and Aaron had footlong corn dogs. Then we stood in a very long line for homemade glazed donuts. We bought 2 dozen. We inhaled one dozen on the spot, and took one dozen home for later. Last night we went back. Rachael and I had homemade gyros, the boys went back for corndogs. Our sweet treat: Aaron opted for Superman ice cream, Rachael and I had deep-fried Snickers bars! Oh yes!
3. My ex-husband: My ex is an idiot. I have a whole post in my head about all the absolutely stupid and frustrating things he has been doing lately. Ugh.
4. Money: Once again, I have painted myself into a corner and it's going to take a lot to get out. I think I have it figured out, but I stress about it a lot. I hate money. I hate not ever having enough, I hate worrying about it, I hate having to manage it or even deal with it. Okay, I'm done now.
5. Video Blogging: I really want to try this. I don't have a video camera but my sister and her husband do, and my parents do, so I am going to try to borrow one of theirs. I'll let you know. For great videos, check out E.Craig or Cynical Bastard. Good stuff, guys.
That's it for now. We are off to Harvest Homecoming (again) to hear Rachael's band perform, then out to Aaron's soccer game, then parent pictures at Joseph's play. The kids will go back to Harvest Homecoming with their dad tonight. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my free evening.
Have a great Saturday.
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Just a quickie.....
Posted by Jodi at 9:34 AM