To the man who:
- was the first to discover a freckle on my right ear, and kiss it.
- made me breakfast in bed.
- left flowers in my car.
- made me watch all the "Rambo" movies with him.
- taught me to love coffee.
- was the first to call me "babydoll", and make it sound sweet, not hokey.
- made me feel sexy.
- laughed at me when I tried to smoke my first (and only) cigarette, and choked!
- taught me to drive a tractor.
- rode me through a mud puddle on a four-wheeler and drenched us both.
- made me homemade oatmeal with brown sugar.
- kissed my nose just to make me laugh.
- chased me around in the dark on a windy October night, just to be silly.
- laughed when I thought a bull bellowing on a nearby farm was a bear!
- sat with me all day at the hospital when I had my tubes tied, and worried when I had trouble with the anesthesia.
- was the first to my side when I had my car accident, and held my hand while I got stitches.
- proposed to me on a hill filled with pine trees, with tears in his eyes.
- cried at our wedding when we said our vows.
- cried the day I moved back home, and held me all night the night before, while I cried.
- loved me enough to let me go, even though I didn't want to.
- sang this song to me, the first morning I woke up in his bed.
To my ex-husband, Larry, who will be 58 on Monday.
I will always love you.
The song we danced to at our wedding. The song that was "our song".
"When You Say Nothing at All" by Allison Krauss.