Now, the tricky part: I'm supposed to choose 5 blogs that make me think. Except RWA stole 2 of mine: E.Craig and Brother Dave. E.Craig's Ethereal Blog and David's Dabbles are on my daily list of "must read"s. These two brothers make me think AND crack me up on a regular basis! And of course, I probably would have chosen RWA's Thoughts from the Heart of Dixie, because he has a lot of interesting thoughts and ideas, but he was just chosen by David at Where's Dinwiddie?, which is how he ended up giving one to me, which is why I'm trying to decide who....oh, well, you get the idea.
Anyway, here are my choices, other than the ones already mentioned above:
1. Jay of Cynical Bastard. Yes, I know Jay has already received this award about ten times already (he has quite a harem going over on Myspace), but I can't do this without mentioning him. He and his wildly random posts, even the ones with annoyingly half-naked girls in them, make me think. And he's funny, and a terrific photographer.
2. FindingHeart of Finding My Heart Again. This guy is terrific. He's been through a divorce, he's a great dad, and he is amazingly honest about his thoughts and feelings. Plus he's a fantastic computer teacher (you have to love teachers!!). And apparently an atomic bomb in bed, but that's a whole other story.......He's a good guy, even if he does like Macs. (rolling eyes)
3. Lisa of Fleur-de-Lisa. Lisa is a single mom, a high-powered working woman, and an amazing photographer. She tells it like it is, and she has fun doing it. I stop by her place every day, even when she's on vacation. She's not a native Hoosier, but she does live in Indiana so that makes her extra special.
4. Corky of Corky's Log. This guy totally cracks me up. He is obsessed with TV, particularly Star Trek, AND he just became a new dad! His thoughts on the world are somewhat
5. Dazd of Dazed and Confused From Here. I never know what to expect from this guy. One day it's a silly picture with a "write a caption" contest. The next day it's a personal post. The next, it's a list of trivia. The next it's an informative article. I found this guy, believe it or not, by checking some of the unknown links on my statcounter. He had been lurking me and I didn't even know it, but I'm glad he was. He's a fellow Hoosier, so that makes him extra special.
Should you choose to participate and pass this award along, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging.
The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.
That's all for my participation in the "Thinking Blog" awards. I'm flattered that anyone reads this, and thankful for all the friendships I've made along the way.