Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I Saw A Rainbow!

I was driving home this evening, having dropped Rachael off at school, and amidst the storm clouds and the sunshine, I saw the most beautiful rainbow. It seemed to start way off in the direction I had just come from, and amazingly, it seemed to end right over my house!

I have just been so relaxed and happy these last few days, it's just been a miracle. Nothing has drastically changed, although I have had some really good company lately (and more coming up), and some really sweet friends doing some very kind things for me, including a beautiful surprise bouquet of roses! But I am still the same person I always was. Maybe a little bit more resilient than I thought I was. I mean, I still think about him all the time, and I miss him every day, but you know what? I'm okay. I'm happy.

There is a country song out called "Find Out Who Your Friends Are". It's one of my favorites. Here are the lyrics:

Run your car off the side of the road
Get stuck in a ditch way out in the middle of nowhere
Get yourself in a bind
lose the shirt off your back
Need a floor need a couch need a bus fare

This is where the rubber meets the road
This is where the cream is gonna rise
This is what you really didn't know
This is where the truth don't lie

{Chorus}You find out who your friends are
Somebody's gonna drop everything
Run out and crank up their car
Hit the gas get there fast
Never stop to think 'what's in it for me' or 'it's way too far'
They just show on up with their big old heart
You find out who your friends are

Everybody wants to slap your back
wants to shake your handwhen you're up on top of that mountain
But let one of those rocks give way
then you slide back down look up and see who's around then
This ain't where the road comes to an end
This ain't where the bandwagon stops
This is just one of those times when
A lot of folks jump off

{Chorus}

When the water's high
When the weather's not so fair
When the well runs dry
Who's gonna be there

Thanks to Jay, here's the video of the song:




I am thankful for good friends and for beautiful rainbows. Thanks for being there for me.

J.

PS. I can't seem to post YouTube videos since I switched to the new Blogger. Can anyone tell me what I need to change? Thanks, fixed it!! Yay!


2 comments:

Jay said...

Cool rainbow. Great pic.

To post youtube videos just copy and paste the inbed code into your blog post. You migh have to change the size of the video to make it fit better, but that's it.

captain corky said...

I missed the entire storm yesterday. I heard that there was some pretty good size hail.

It's good to hear that you have been happy and feel relaxed. That's what life shoud be about.