Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas pictures....

Good morning all....it's the day after Christmas. Everyone is sleeping in so far. I am about to make some coffee and get busy packing the kids up for their trip to their dad's in Indianapolis. They will be there through the 31st. The teens can get themselves together, but I will have to help the absent-minded 12 yr.old and the 6 yr. old find clothes, socks, undies, as well as pack some of their Christmas toys. I look forward to having a few days to myself, but I hate sending them away. Such is the world of divorce. But I always have them on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, as well as New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, so it's not too bad. Since my divorce, each Christmas has been a time-marker of sorts for me, and this one is no different. I have my hopes and dreams for next year, as I do every year.

Anyway, I got a cool digital camera from Baron for Christmas and have been snapping pictures like crazy. Some of our Christmas Eve pictures will have to wait for developing (because I didn't HAVE said digital camera yet), but these are a few of what I've done so far. I can't WAIT to play more with this thing.


My oldest, Joseph, looking sleepy: "Don't take my picture! I'm not awake!"

A grumpy girl on Christmas morning: "I don't want to wake up this early!"

In her natural habitat a few hours later: on the phone! "I'm in a much-better mood now. But leave me alone with so I can talk in peace!"


Daniel, in his new robe:
"Don't I look cool?"

Opening presents:
"Why is my robe in a Toss Across box?"

Aaron, before the opening:
"Wow, look at all these gifts! And they all say MY name on them!"





With the older 2 getting mostly money, and Daniel pooling most of his gifts for the hoped-for Nintendo Wii, it DID seem as if they were all for him!


"The pile of toys is higher than me!"

Baron, happy to find another gift for him, this one from my kids:
"Look, Ma, it's a Bob and Tom DVD!"



He had already gotten his gifts from me, so he didn't expect another gift. Surprise!

Baron, being Santa's helper, and assembling the (frickin') Hot Wheels playset, with a million stickers:




"See what I've missed out on, with only girls at home! (muttering under breath)" Thank God he knew what to do. It would have taken me forever!



For some reason, sadly, Blogger won't let me add any more pictures to this post (sniff) so I guess you'll have to live without any "no-makeup, in my jammies" pics of me. For now. Oh well. I had a pretty good Christmas. From my parents, much-needed money. My brother gave me an I-tunes gift card, so I can buy some music. From my kids, a new VCR for the living room, a Coffee Crossing gift card, and the movie I asked for "Holiday Inn" (you can't beat Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire). From Baron, the cool digital camera, something I've wanted for a long time. Hope you all had a good Christmas, too. More pics to come.
J.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pics. I'm glad you guys had a good time. Have fun with your camera J.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Looks like you all had a great day.

eatmisery said...

Don't you use Blogger as an excuse for not posting a picture of yourself. Simply add another post. Heh...

Jodi said...

Yes, Christmas with the kids was terrific. They're a good bunch.

As for your suggestion, Eatmisery, um....gee....running out of time....gosh, sorry!
J.

Ps. Okay, maybe tomorrow.

sunShine said...

So glad that Christmas was good for you. See you got a digital camera too. Love the pics.