I love Christmas stuff. I found this meme over at "The Peanut Gallery".
Here we go:
1. Eggnog or Hot chocolate?
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa wraps most, but big gifts (ie, the ones that take a mile of paper)just get placed.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
The tree this year is all white lights. Outside, the "tacky" icicle lights, this year with blue and white in them.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but I'll stand under it. (grin) Any takers?
5. When do you decorate for Christmas?
The whole month of December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? (Excluding desserts!)
Turkey and dressing.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child.
My parents going through my room to the attic to get the hidden toys and me watching them under my eyelids. Or the time the dad down the street dressed up as Santa and went through our backyard and I was sure he was the real thing!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes. We have Christmas with my parents on Christmas Eve.
10. Do you bake cookies every year?
11. Snow? Love it or dread it?
I love it. Totally. Bring it on, especially during Christmas vacation. Or a well-deserved snow day in the middle of January.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, but I fall down a lot and hug the wall a lot.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
14. What's your favorite thing about the holidays? What's the most
important thing about the Holidays for you?
The Christmas tree, the Christmas carols, the cookies, Christmas Eve mass, candles!
The most important thing to me is being with the kids.
15. Favorite holiday dessert?
Christmas trifle. Or Derby pie. Or my sister's Christmas cookies. I'm not too picky in this department.
16. What is your favorite Holiday tradition?
Christmas Eve mass with my kids, then up to my parents' for food, presents, and fun.
And watching all the Christmas specials.
17. What is your tree topper like?
A beautiful porcelain angel.
18. Do you like to give or receive?
Both, but mostly give. I love to surprise people.
19. What is your favorite Christmas carol?
O Come All Ye Faithful. And all the Charlie Brown Christmas music.
20. Candy canes? Yuck or Yum?
Yum. Especially the ones from the Baron.
21. What was the one gift you always wanted for Christmas but never got?
An engagement ring. I always thought it would be romantic to be proposed to on Christmas Eve. I have been proposed to twice, once in the spring and once in the fall. The second one was much better.
22. Do you buy a gift for yourself when shopping?
Sometimes. But not anything big.
23. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Has ANYONE been paying attention? The obvious answer is (anyone? anyone?): "A Charlie Brown Christmas". My favorite with real people - Scrooged.
24. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
In steps. First we put the tree up. Then when I get the energy (laugh), I put on the lights. Then we put the ornaments on all week.
25. What do you do on Christmas morning?
We get up extremely early and open everything. I clean up the mess and the kids play with all the loot. Sometimes I go back to bed for awhile, then we all get dressed and head up to my parents around lunch time.
No tagging, but I will take a list of volunteers for the mistletoe (grin)....
Ho, ho, ho!