Hey there...I have been tagged by Kelly, who writes "The Strongly Opinionated Life of Me", to tell you my deepest, darkest secrets....well, at least 8 semi-secrets.
Here we go:
1. I hate potato salad. It's sad, but true. A great American institution, a staple at summertime picnics, and I truly can't stand the stuff. I DO, however, do a polite imitation of someone who DOES like it, by putting a small serving on my plate, taking a nibble or two of a potato bit, and then throwing the rest away when no one is looking.
2. I have 4 children here on earth, but I also have 3 others in heaven. I had 3 miscarriages, two before my oldest, and one between #3 and #4. I imagine them all to be girls, to balance out all the boys I have in my life now.
3. Interestingly enough, two of my most favorite-est girls' names in the whole wide world are the names of my S.O.'s girls. I always used to dream of having twin girls, and naming them Amy and Kelly. How great for me that 2 wonderful girls by those names have come into my life, along with a "Tina" for good measure.
4. My second ex, Larry, is 15 years older than I am. We were romantically and physically involved for over a year after we separated and divorced. Long story. Probably a post of its own sometime.
5. I read the "At Home in Mitford" series by Jan Karon (all 8 of them) at least once a year. I find them comforting and inspirational, and if I could move to Mitford, I would.
6. I love to cross stitch, although I haven't done it in a couple of years. I would also love to learn to knit and/or crochet.
7. I absolutely LOVE early morning sex.
8. I have a tattoo on my back, just above the crack. It was a 41st birthday present. I like it, I had fun getting it, and I don't give a flying fig what it will look like when I'm 90. So kiss my sunflowers, y'all!