Saturday, January 15, 2011

Feeling old (er).


In a month, Aaron will be 11. In 2 months, Joseph will be 21. Daniel is 16 and driving. He shaves and has a girlfriend. Rachael is 19. (sigh)

How did they all get this old? How did I get this old?

Yes, I know you're only as old as you feel and most days I feel like I'm mid-30's, which is a good place to be. But I can't ignore the fact that 2 of my children are living in the adult world (if you can call college that) and doing fine without my day-to-day support. It's just a little weird. It's a different kind of parenting and I'm sure eventually I'm going to be comfortable with it. But not yet.

Stay warm.
J.



PS. Daniel isn't in the top picture, so I threw in this one of him from a wrestling meet. He's the blonde. :)

2 comments:

Sayre said...

I was already "old" when Z was born - so I revel in how he keeps me young!!!

Brother Dave said...

I will be 70 in August. I do not "feel" old. And you do look young. Your kids are terrific. Keep up the great pace.