What I Love About Fall:
1. Pumpkins- I really love pumpkins. If I had a pumpkin patch, I would have about 20 on my front porch as decoration. I even like pumpkin color - I had 2 or 3 tops in that burnt orange.
2. Rachael - Rachael was born in October and we have had some fun "Halloween" themed birthday parties in the past. She's my only girl and I love her.
3. Harvest Homecoming - My hometown has an annual fall festival called Harvest Homecoming. It's been a tradition my whole life (and probably before me). There are streets of food booths craft booths, rides, the beer tent, concerts. It starts with a parade on one Saturday, then the following week the booths open on Thursday and run through Sunday. Most locals will go down every day for food. The homemade glazed donut booth always has a line, and it is well worth the wait. The roasted corn-on-the-cob, the pork chop sandwiches, the baked sweet potatoes - I can't wait! Harvest Homecoming is next weekend and I will be there every day (I hope).
4. "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" - I love everything Charlie Brown and I especially love the Halloween special. It is deeply rooted in my childhood memories. It is a classic.
5. Steven - Steven and I first made email contact in October, and met face-to-face for the first time in November. Our 2 year anniversary will be November 3. So when I think about fall, I think about him - and what a turning point that time in my life was. I can honestly say that my life has changed for the better since he entered my life. I love him tremendously (but he is at this very moment giving me grief for being too syrupy in this post). I look forward to many years to come with him, if he behaves himself! :)
Check out these other bloggers for their "Fun Monday" posts:
6. Brother Dave
7. HoosierGirl (of course)
11. T-dude299 (see the post just below this one)
13. Karisma (who will do what she loves about spring ha, ha! - just teasing you, Karisma, you don't have to do it!)
We need a volunteer to host next week.
Hope you all have a great week.