Sunday, October 04, 2009

Fun Monday by HoosierGirl

Well, now that Steven has taken all the good stuff, I guess I'll try to come up with something different. Just kidding, I already had mine in mind. But he did do a good post - check out his "Fun Monday" post just below mine.

What I Love About Fall:

1. Pumpkins- I really love pumpkins. If I had a pumpkin patch, I would have about 20 on my front porch as decoration. I even like pumpkin color - I had 2 or 3 tops in that burnt orange.

2. Rachael - Rachael was born in October and we have had some fun "Halloween" themed birthday parties in the past. She's my only girl and I love her.

3. Harvest Homecoming - My hometown has an annual fall festival called Harvest Homecoming. It's been a tradition my whole life (and probably before me). There are streets of food booths craft booths, rides, the beer tent, concerts. It starts with a parade on one Saturday, then the following week the booths open on Thursday and run through Sunday. Most locals will go down every day for food. The homemade glazed donut booth always has a line, and it is well worth the wait. The roasted corn-on-the-cob, the pork chop sandwiches, the baked sweet potatoes - I can't wait! Harvest Homecoming is next weekend and I will be there every day (I hope).


4. "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" - I love everything Charlie Brown and I especially love the Halloween special. It is deeply rooted in my childhood memories. It is a classic.

5. Steven - Steven and I first made email contact in October, and met face-to-face for the first time in November. Our 2 year anniversary will be November 3. So when I think about fall, I think about him - and what a turning point that time in my life was. I can honestly say that my life has changed for the better since he entered my life. I love him tremendously (but he is at this very moment giving me grief for being too syrupy in this post). I look forward to many years to come with him, if he behaves himself! :)


Check out these other bloggers for their "Fun Monday" posts:
4. Faye
7. HoosierGirl (of course)
9. Jill
11. T-dude299 (see the post just below this one)
13. Karisma (who will do what she loves about spring ha, ha! - just teasing you, Karisma, you don't have to do it!)
15. Swampy
16. Min


We need a volunteer to host next week.
Hope you all have a great week.
J.

10 comments:

Gattina said...

I love pumpkins too, even got married in October, but still, I don't like fall, lol !

Stephanie, Mama Dramatist said...

Hee! My husband, one of my sisters, my favorite aunt, and two of my nephews were born in the fall!

AWESOME!!

Faye said...

Check out the cover of Martha Stewart's magazine this month since you love pumpkins, HG. Probably be the only place you see a snail-carved pumpkin! Yesterday I checked out Louisville's version of a harvest homecoming--the St James Art Fair down in the older part of town. Great arts and crafts and a fall tradition around here. Have you been to it?

Sayre said...

Oooo... Charlie Brown Halloween! I love that one!

Thanks for hosting, J! I love fall!

jill said...

My post is up now, my husband shut the server off and didn't tell me, argh. Anyway, I love your post and can't wait to read the one below it. I didn't add my baby to the fall lineup because, well it didnt occur to me and we haven't really had a fall with her, although now that I see everyone taking kids to a pumpkin patch and such, it seems like a good idea.

Jan n Jer said...

Great list...seems everyone shares the same love for pumpkins and Fall Harvest fest! I just went to one this past weekend..Nothing like walking around and enjoying the cool air and warmth of the sun and all the colors, fun activities and Food! Thanks again for hosting this week and Happy FM

wendishness said...

Mine is up!!

I wish we had fall like you guys in the US do, it looks like great fun with the pumpkins and all!

BTW...I'm having fun with these Fun Monday's - I would happily host next weeks one if nobody else has already volunteered, please let me know :)

Living Life said...

Yes, I too love that burnt orange color. I have many shirts in that color! We have a annual pumpkin carving party which is coming up this weekend. I love seeing all the carvings. We cook up the seeds and spray butter on them. They are delicious! Thanks for hosting FM and happy Fall to you!

Gattina said...

I can do it for next monday, if there is nobody !

Jodi said...

Thanks everybody for playing along! Wendishness will be hosting for next week.

J.